An extensive look at the USAF’s 48th Fighter Wing, including 492 FS, 493 FS, 494 FS and 56th & 57th Rescue Squadron.
The author interviewed many of the commanders and pilots of every unit of the 48th Fighter Wing and even had the opportunity to fly in the back seat of an F-15E Strike Eagle, allowing unique photos to be taken.
This book includes chapters on:
– The history of the 48th Fighter Wing and the history of RAF Lakenheath
– The organization of the 48th Fighter Wing
– The 492nd Fighter Squadron – Madhatters
– The 493rd Fighter Squadron – Grim Reapers
– The 494th Fighter Squadron – Panthers
– The 56th & 57th Rescue Squadrons
– The future of the 48th Fighter Wing
This book includes over 200 unique photos with a foreword written by Lt. General Glen W. Moorhead III.